September 22, 2021 at 06:18 PM
By Zack R., Team Titleist Staff
Zack R., Team Titleist StaffFairhaven, MA
The stage is set. Practice rounds are underway. And both teams are making final preparations as they get ready to face off this week at Whistling Straits.
With international bragging rights along with the Ryder Cup Trophy on the line, 19 of the 24 (79%) competitors will be gaming at least one piece of Titleist equipment when they tee it up along the shores of Lake Michigan.
Before the first matches get underway, we wanted to share some impressive stats around the Titleist equipment that will be in play and a closer look at what Team Titleist will have in the bag. Check it out below and make sure you keep coming back to this thread as we'll be updating it throughout the week with more content from the Ryder Cup.
As always, feel free to join the conversation around one of the most exciting weeks of golf!
• Titleist will be most played golf ball among Ryder Cuppers, with 15 players (8 U.S., 7 Europe) using a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x. The most popular model at Whistling Straits will be Pro V1x, played by Titleist Brand Ambassadors Justin Thomas, Patrick Cantlay, Jordan Spieth and Ian Poulter, as well as Matt Fitzpatrick, Tyrrell Hatton, Lee Westwood and the 2017 & 2018 U.S. Open Champion.
• Brand Ambassador Bernd Wiesberger plays Pro V1, along with Scottie Scheffler, Harris English, Viktor Hovland and Paul Casey.
• Tony Finau and his U.S. teammate, who’s ranked 16th in the world, play Pro V1 Left Dot.
• No brand will have more drivers in play at the Ryder Cup, with seven players (T1) – Thomas, Cantlay, Spieth, Wiesberger and Poulter, plus the world’s 23rd- and 27th-ranked players – teeing up a Titleist.
• 16 players, eight on each side, will take on Whistling Straits with at least one Vokey Design SM8 wedge in the bag – including World Nos. 3, 4 (Cantlay), 5, 6 (Thomas), 9, 10, 13, 14 (Spieth), 16, 21, 23 and 27.
• There will be more Scotty Cameron putters in play (8) than any other brand – in the hands of Thomas, Cantlay, Spieth, Wiesberger, Poulter and World Nos. 9, 21 and 23.
And now let’s take a closer look at what’s in the bag for Team Titleist at the 2021 Ryder Cup:
Golf Ball: Pro V1x Driver: TSi2 9.0°Fairway Metals: TS3 15.0° and 915 Fd 18.0° Irons: T100 4 and 620 MB 5-9 Wedges: Vokey Design SM7 46.10F (@ 47.5°), 52.12F (@ 52.5°); SM8 56.14F (@ 57.0°) and WedgeWorks 60T (@ 60.5°)Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5.5 prototype putter
View this post on Instagram A post shared by Titleist (@titleist)
A post shared by Titleist (@titleist)
Golf Ball: Pro V1Driver: TSi3 10°Fairway Metal: TSi2 13.5°Hybrid: TSi2 21°Utility Iron: U500 4Irons: T100 5 and 718 AP2 6-9Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 46°, 52°, 56°Putter: Scotty Cameron T11
Golf Ball: Pro V1xDriver: TSi3 10.0° Fairway Metal: TS2 15.0°Hybrid: 818 H2 21.0° Irons: T100 4-9Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 46.08F pitching wedge with a True Temper Project X 6.5 shaft and Vokey Design SM8 52.08F, 56.10S, 60T protoPutter: Scotty Cameron 009 putter
Golf Ball: Pro V1Driver: TSi3 8.0°Fairway Metal: TSi2 15.0°Irons: T100 (3), 620 CB (4-6) and 620 MB (7-9)Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 46.10F, 52.12F, 60.08MPutter: Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Concept 1 prototype
Golf Ball: Pro V1xDriver: TS3 9.5°Fairway: 915F 15.0°Hybrid: TS2 21.0°Irons: 718 AP2 (4-9)Wedges: Vokey Design SM7 (46.10F, 52.08F, 56.08M) & SM8 (61° Proto)Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5 tour prototype
Golf Ball: Pro V1x
Golf Ball: Pro V1
Golf Ball: Pro V1 Left Dot
Felipe PMelbourne, VIC
Eric HRidgway, PA
Chuck ZMt Pleasant, SC
Rob RChicago, IL
Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet?