October 23, 2018 at 09:54 PM
By skip g
skip gSouthborough, MA
Want to develop more power, more distance, more solidly struck golf shots, better ball trajectory, along with a squarer club face at impact? Of course you do!
Well then…here’s an idea…some images…that have helped GolfRite students understand proper weight distribution throughout various points in the golf swing. We spend a TON of time understanding and working on this….
1) I weigh 200 lbs (HUGE imagination needed here, please!!!! lol)
2) I am standing on two weight scales, one under each foot.
3) Let’s note the readings at various points during the golf swing.
1) Lead foot: scale reads 110lbs
2) Trail foot: scale reads 90lbs
1) Lead foot: 30lbs
2) Trail foot: 170lbs
Top of Backswing:
1) Lead foot…starts to increase from 30lbs (ex…80lbs)
2) Trail foot…starts to diminish from 170lbs (ex…120lbs)
(NOTE: weight begins to transfer to the lead foot PRIOR to the completion of the backswing! This is HUGE!)
1) Lead foot: 150lbs
2) Trail foot: 50lbs
Post-Impact…1/2 way to finish:
1) Lead foot: 170lbs
2) Trail foot: 30lbs
Completion of swing:
1) Lead foot: 190lbs
2) Trail foot: 10lbs
Conclusion….understanding and practicing proper weight transfer before and throughout the golf swing will have a tremendous influence on your ability to hit better golf shots. ONLY GOOD THINGS can come from this….promise!
David THamilton, OH
Michael JCOrwell, VT
Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet?