Titleist is Top Choice at Augusta National
By Zack R., Team Titleist Staff On 10 April 2023
PGA TOUR | The Masters Tournament
Titleist was the overwhelming #1 ball and most played equipment brand at The Masters Tournament, with more players choosing the performance of Titleist golf balls, drivers, irons, wedges and putters than any other brand:
- Of the 87 competitors who teed it up this week at The Masters, 67 percent played the #1 ball in golf, with 25 players gaming a Pro V1 model and 33 playing a Pro V1x model.
- The 2022 Masters Champion and Pro V1 player Scottie Scheffler led the field in Strokes Gained: Approach (+1.71 per round) while Titleist Brand Ambassador Russell Henley, playing Pro V1x, topped the SG: Around the Green category (+1.42), according to Data Golf.
- The low amateur, who finished the week T16, played a NEW Pro V1x golf ball.
- Titleist has been the most played driver on the PGA TOUR for four years and counting – and this week was no different. Among those playing a Titleist TSR driver, the field’s favorite model: Titleist Brand Ambassador Cameron Young (TSR3 9.0°), who finished the week first in Strokes Gained: Off the Tee (+1.60 per round), according to Data Golf.
- The PGA TOUR’s most played iron brand for nine years running (and 18 of the last 19 seasons) was also the top choice this week at Augusta National, from the world’s best to five of the field’s seven amateurs. The most popular model on TOUR and at the Masters? T100.
- When it comes to scoring clubs, more of the world’s best rely on Vokey Design wedges, with a total of 111 Vokey gap, sand, and lob wedges in play at the Masters. Vokey wedges have been the top choice on the PGA TOUR for 19 seasons in a row.
- On the greens, more players used a Scotty Cameron putter than any other brand, with 14 players gaming a Scotty Cameron blade model and 13 playing a mallet/high MOI setup – including Titleist Brand Ambassador Tom Kim, who this week put a Phantom X 5 tour prototype putter in play. Four of the final Top 8 gamed a Scotty Cameron.