This summer, when the biggest titles in amateur golf have been on the line, more competitors have continued to put their trust in Titleist than any other brand.
That continues this week at the U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship, where Titleist is the overwhelming #1 golf ball and top choice of players in drivers (T1), hybrids, utility irons, irons, wedges and putters:
- A total of 130 players (83%) are teeing up a Titleist Pro V1, Pro V1x, or AVX golf ball, 10 times the nearest competitor (13). Two of the co-medalists, and 27 of the 32 quarterfinalists, play a Titleist golf ball.
- No brand has more drivers in play this week than Titleist with 42 players (T1) gaming either a NEW TSR, TSi or TS model this week at Chambers Bay. TSi3 is the most played model (24).
- Titleist is the most played hybrid (47/25%) and utility iron (16/62%), with more T200 utility irons (13) in play than all other brands combined.
- Players are gaming a total of 219 Vokey Design gap, sand, and lob wedges, more than two times the nearest competitor (83).
- On the greens, more players are using Scotty Cameron putters (56) than any other brand, with Newport 2 and Phantom X putters as the top models.
Titleist also swept all major equipment categories this year on the Elite Amateur Series as well as the NCAA Men’s Golf Championship, European Amateur and U.S. Junior Amateur.
Titleist remains the only brand to have ever topped all major equipment categories (golf ball, driver, fairways, hybrids, utility iron, iron, wedge, putter) on the PGA TOUR, with three sweeps this season and 26 total sweeps since the beginning of the 2019 calendar year.