The final act of the PGA TOUR season was staged on the outskirts of Paris this past Sunday, as Francesco Molinari (Pro V1) earned the decisive point in Europe’s 17 1/2-10 1/2 victory over the U.S. in the 42nd Ryder Cup Matches. Molinari’s perfect 5-0-0 performance was a fitting end to a year of inspired golf around the globe. The 2017-2018 season will be remembered for its historic performances and breakthrough victories and through it all, Titleist was once again the overwhelming #1 ball for more players and more champions.
This season, across all the tournaments staged on the worldwide professional golf tours, 73% of the world's finest players trusted a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball (22,916 players vs. 3,096 for the nearest competitor and more than all competitors combined).
During this same time, Titleist golf ball players recorded 180 worldwide victories, more than six times the nearest competitor with 28.
Webb Simpson (2018 PLAYERS Champion): Titleist Pro V1 golf ball, TS3/10.5° driver, 913Fd/18° fairway metal, 913Hd (20°) and 915Hd (23.5°) hybrids, 718 MB (5-PW) irons, Vokey Design SM7 sand (54.14 F grind) and prototype lob (60.06 K grind) wedges
- 72% of all players who teed it up on the PGA TOUR this season relied on a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball Titleist was the most trusted golf ball at every tournament on the 2017-2018 PGA TOUR schedule.
- Titleist golf ball players stepped into the winners circle 28 times during the 2017-2018 PGA Tour season.
- These 28 wins were headlined by Titleist's sweep of the majors. At each and every major championship on the PGA TOUR in 2018, the winner relied on a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball.
Michael Kim (Winner) - John Deere Classic: Titleist Pro V1x golf ball, TS2/10.5 driver, 917F2/16.5° fairway metal, 816H1/21° hybrid, 716 T-MB (4) aand 718 Ap2 (5-PW) irons, Vokey Design SM7 52.12 F grind, 56.14 F grind, and 60.04 L grind wedges, Scotty Cameron GSS 350 putter
Francesco Molinari (Winner) - 147th Open Championship: Titleist Pro V1x golf ball
- 72% of all players who teed it up on the European PGA TOUR this season relied on a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball
- Titleist golf ball players stepped into the winners circle 26 times during the 2017-2018 European Tour season.
- These 26 wins were headlined by Francesco Molinari, who won three times in addition to his Ryder Cup heroics. Molinari captured the BMW PGA Championship, as well the PGA TOUR's Quicken Loans National, but his crowning achievement came in July, when he earned the title of Champion Golfer of the Year at the 147th Open Championship. Molinari was the only player in the field without a bogey on the final 36-holes, as he became the first Italian in history to win the claret jug.
Angela Stanford (Winner) - Evian Championship: Titleist Pro V1 golf ball
- 80% of all players who teed it up on the LPGA Tour this season relied on a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball.
- Titleist golf ball players earned 21 victories during the 2017-2018 LPGA Tour season, seven times the nearest competitor with three.
- Sung Hyun Park (Pro V1x) and Ariya Jutanugarn (Pro V1x) captured six of those 21 titles, winning three times each, but the most memorable moment of the season came at the year's final major, where Angela Stanford (Pro V1) ended her 18-year wait for a first major title, as she won the Evian Championship in France.
PGA TOUR CHAMPIONS
Steve Stricker (Winner) - Mitsubishi Electric Championship / Regions Tradition / KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship, Senior Open Championship, PURE Insurance Championship: Titleist Pro V1 golf ball
- 74% of all players who teed it up on the PGA Tour Champions this season relied on a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball.
- Titleist golf ball players won 21 times during the 2017-2018 Champions Tour season, seven times the nearest competitor with three.
- Steve Stricker (Pro V1x / Cologuard Classic, Rapiscan Systems Classic, Sanford International) and Paul Broadhurst (Pro V1x / Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, Ally Challenge, Senior PGA Championship) both won three times this season and David Toms (Pro V1) captured his first senior major at the U.S. Senior Open Championship.
Sung-Jae Im (Winner) - Great Exuma Classic/ WinCo Foods Portland Open: Titleist Pro V1x golf ball
- 71% of all players who teed it up on the Web.com Tour this season relied on a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball.
- Titleist golf ball players topped the field 20 times during the 2017-2018 Web.com Tour season, more than six times the nearest competitor with three.
- Sung-Jae Im secured two victories this season and took top honors on the 2018 Web.com Tour money list. Im leads the group of 50 players who earned PGA TOUR cards for the 2018-2019 season. Of those 50 players, 42 will be putting their trust in a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball.
OTHER GLOBAL HIGHLIGHTS
Justin Harding (Winner) - Indonesian Cup / Royal Cup / Investec Royal Swazi Open / Lombard Classic: Titleist Pro V1 golf ball, 917D3/9.5° driver, 915Fd/13.5° fairway metal, 816H2 hybrid (19°), 718 MB (4-9) irons, Vokey Design SM6 pitching (46°), SM7 gap (50.08 F grind), and lob (60.08 M grind) wedges
- On the other worldwide professional golf tours (South African Sunshine Tour, Asian Tour, Japan Tour, Australasian Tour, MacKenzie Tour - Canada, Korean Tour, PGA Tour China and PGA Tour Latinoamerica) 73% of all players this season relied on a Titleist Pro V1 or Pro V1x golf ball.
- On these combined global tours, Titleist golf ball players stepped into the winners circle 68 times during the 2017-2018 European Tour season, more than five times the nearest competitor with 12.
- Justin Harding won four times in 2018. In capturing the Asian Tour's Royal Cup, he became the first player in history to win his first two Asian Tour starts. The week prior he won the Indonesian Cup to go along with two additional victories on the South African Tour.
Congratulations and thank you to all the players around the world who trusted Titleist this season!
Click here for a complete listing of this season's Titleist golf ball victories.