Hi, I have a few questions:-
1) How often to pros change or rotate their golf gloves
2) How often to pros change or rotate their golf balls
3) How often to they change or replace their wedges
What are their reasons? or superstitions?
Bloody good questions these! I never thought i needed to know the answers to these questions, but now i must know!
Please see answers below from our Asian Tour Leadership Team. Do let me know if you have any further questions.
Tom HuttonTeam Titleist South East Asia Manager
1) How often to pros change or rotate their golf gloves- Most pros just use one a round, but depending on the weather, they may rotate between 2 or 3 during the round to make sure they are putting on a dry glove each time...
Reasons/Superstitions- gloves get slippery and wet when the pros perspire and it will affect their shots when they lose control of their grips
2) How often to pros change or rotate their golf balls- Most pros usually change balls every 6 holes, but some will change after every 3 holes or after they've scuffed the ball through hitting a shot...some pros even change balls after they get a birdie or an eagle.
Reasons/Superstitions- most pros believe in using balls without any imperfections so that it won't affect the performance of the balls. Some pros even believe that each ball has only one birdie or eagle in them
3) How often to they change or replace their wedges- Normally two or three times a year
Reasons/Superstitions- the grooves on the wedges will wear out over time and because of the amount of practice the pros put in with their wedges, they will need them replaced more often than amateurs